The core work is the maintenance of motor vehicles to ensure that all vehicles are in good working condition at all times. However due to the number of fleets we have, the personnel will also be expected to work as a driver. All drivers must observe the traffic rule of Kenya.
1. Follow the route instructions as shall be given by the Fleet/warehouse Supervisor.
2. Ensure that the motor vehicles are serviced on time using the right items.
3. Ensure that preventive maintenance is done on all motor vehicles.
4. The personnel should check the physical appearance of the vehicle once a week and report any observed defect.
5. The personnel should observe any defects in the vehicle and embark on corrective maintenance.
6. The personnel should read the vehicle movement records daily to capture any report on defects from other drivers or
SNS vehicle users.
7. The personnel should ensure that the vehicles are compliant with the traffic rule requirements.
8. Ensure that you follow the driver’s code of conduct.
9. Ensure that you understand the nature and the quantities of products that you are carrying.
10. Ensure that the vehicle is kept clean and under lock when carrying inventories.
11. Perform other related duties as required.
12. Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
The Mechanic/Driver is:
● Directly accountable to the Assistant fleet Operator
● Required to work with the warehousing team.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
● Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum of C-.
● Valid driving license of class B, C, E, F, G.
● Minimum of 5 years driving experience.
● Basic knowledge of motor vehicle repairs and maintenance
● Knowledge of traffic safety and highway codes.
● Good knowledge of Nairobi city and its environs
● Defensive driving skills.
● Ability to communicate fluently in writing and in speech in both English and Swahili.
● Punctuality and ability to work with minimal supervision.
● Basic courtesy and diplomacy.
● Exceptional service orientation.
● Attention to detail.
● Ability to work well with people at all levels.
● Open to change.
● Calm under chaos.
Is exposed to minimum disagreeable conditions in the environment. The jobholder is assigned a vehicle which is the job holder’s main area of work.
Apply for job