This main purpose of this role is to drive sales in the assigned region in line the sales targets in order to contribute to business growth.
1. Actively pursue, convert and close projects across all the company’s product lines in line with set sales targets.
2. Receive and provide product information to walk in clients in the showroom for assigned region as applicable.
3. Identify and understand clients’ construction needs in collaboration with the FTS team in order to generate
responsive quotations to clients.
4. Negotiate product pricing with potential clients in line the company’s pricing policies.
5. Prepare quotations for potential clients in line with clients’ construction requirements.
6. Make regular follow up calls to clients on generated quotations in order to close the sale.
7. Follow up with finance team for confirmation of clients’ payment and invoicing support.
8. Coordinate the dispatch of clients’ goods in collaboration with the dispatch team in order to ensure timely
9. Make regular field visits in the assigned region in order to identify potential business opportunities.
10. Make after sales follow calls with clients in the branch in order to establish the clients’ satisfaction levels with
company products and services.
11. Develop and maintain lasting business relationships with clients in the assigned region to ensure sustainable
pipeline of business.
12. Create and maintain an up-to-date database of consultants and fundis in order to ensure a sustainable pipeline
of potential clients.
13. Receive and resolve customer complaints to ensure timely closure.
14. Conduct market intelligence activities in order to obtain data on the market and competitors for use in
management decision making.
15. Prepare daily sales reports and weekly pipeline reports in a timely manner and in line with requirements.
16. Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
The Sales Representative is:
● Directly accountable to the Sales Manager for assigned region.
● Required to work with Finance and Operations department.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
● Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Management, Marketing, Strategic Management or any other
● Minimum 3 years’ experience in sales, marketing or business development.
● Valid driving license class B, C, E, F, & G.
● Experience in the construction industry would be highly desirable.
● Proven experience in sales and/or marketing and managing relationships with key customers
● Commercial awareness and business acumen
● Ability to win deals and create a culture of vibrancy and success amongst team members
● Strong understanding of the construction industry.
● Proven track record of building long-lasting customer relationships.
● A passion to turn set targets into results.
● Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
● Exceptional service orientation.
● Demonstrated business acumen.
● Outstanding communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and facilitation skills.
Interested applicants to submit their applications by filling in the form below.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Do not pay for any shortlisting or Interview.
Apply for job