Technical Sales Representative
The main purpose of this role is to drive technical sales in the assigned region within the construction
and building industry, in line with sales targets, and contribute to business growth by leveraging
technical expertise and industry knowledge.
1. Actively pursue, convert, and close projects across all the company’s product lines in line with
set sales targets.
2. Receive and provide technical product information to walk-in clients in the showroom for the
assigned region as applicable.
3. Identify and understand clients’ construction needs in collaboration with the FTS team to
generate responsive quotations for clients.
4. Negotiate product pricing with potential clients in line with the company’s pricing policies,
considering technical specifications.
5. Prepare quotations for potential clients in line with clients’ construction requirements, ensuring
6. Make regular follow-up calls to clients on generated quotations to provide technical insights
and close the sale.
7. Collaborate with the finance team to ensure confirmation of clients’ payment and provide
technical support for invoicing.
8. Coordinate the dispatch of clients’ goods in collaboration with the dispatch team to ensure
timely delivery, considering technical requirements.
9. Make regular field visits in the assigned region to identify potential business opportunities,
providing technical solutions.
10. Conduct after-sales follow-up calls with clients in the branch to assess and address their
satisfaction levels with company products and services from a technical standpoint.
11. Develop and maintain lasting business relationships with clients in the assigned region to
ensure a sustainable pipeline of business.
12. Create and maintain an up-to-date database of consultants, architects, engineers, and other
relevant professionals to ensure a sustainable pipeline of potential clients.
13. Receive and resolve technical customer complaints to ensure timely closure, collaborating with
the FTS team.
14. Conduct market intelligence activities to gather technical data on the market and competitors
for use in management decision-making.
15. Prepare daily technical sales reports and weekly pipeline reports in a timely manner and in line
16. Undertake any other responsibilities that may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
The Sales Representative is:
● Directly accountable to the Sales Manager for assigned region.
● Required to work with Finance and Operations department.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Business Management,
Marketing, Strategic Management, or any related field with a technical emphasis.
● Minimum of 3 years’ experience in technical sales, marketing, or business development within the
construction and building industry.
● Must have Valid driving license (class B, C, E, F, & G).
● Strong experience in the construction industry with a deep understanding of technical aspects.
● Technical qualifications and certifications relevant to the construction industry would be highly
● Proven experience in technical sales and/or marketing, with the ability to manage relationships with
key customers in the construction industry.
● Commercial awareness and business acumen with a technical focus.
● Ability to win deals and create a culture of vibrancy and success amongst team members.
● In-depth understanding of the technical aspects of the construction industry.
● Proven track record of building long-lasting customer relationships based on technical expertise.
● A passion for turning set targets into technical results.
● Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
● Exceptional service orientation with a technical perspective.
● Demonstrated business acumen with a technical mindset.
● Outstanding communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and facilitation skills.
● Ability to influence, collaborate, deliver, and partner at senior levels within the organization.
● Ability to work effectively with people and clients at all levels, providing technical insights.
● Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities with a technical orientation.
● Strong persuasion and negotiation skills with a technical focus.
● Flexibility and adaptability to changing technical requirements.
● Innovative and creative thinking skills applied to technical challenges..
Is exposed to minimum disagreeable conditions in the environment. The jobholder has normal office
facilities that include a workstation and access to a laptop.
Apply for job