Flowplumb Rainwater Systems - Gutter Profiles
Whilst almost all plastic gutters are extruded – that’s the process of pulling hot liquid plastic through a die – FlowPlumb gutters are co-extruded. This unique process adds a second outer skin to the gutter which gives it better UV protection and a high gloss finish. Our fittings are injection moulded in state of the art purpose built machinery
125mm Foundry Finish
Replicates the look of traditional and expensive cast iron, with all the long term benefits of lightweight PVCu
Discover Foundry Finish
At 170mm wide, our StormFlow gutter system is for larger roofs and heavier rainfall
What they’re made of
Whilst the exact recipe of our plastic remains a closely guarded industrial secret, we can guarantee high quality PVCu raw material is used with other ingredients to manufacture a product that is both strong and durable. The end result is a PVCu gutter with memory shape and a consistent wall thickness that provides both rigidity and flexibility.
How they’re made
Whilst almost all plastic gutters are extruded – that’s the process of pulling hot liquid plastic through a die – FlowPlumb gutters are co-extruded. This unique process adds a second outer skin to the gutter which gives it better UV protection and a high gloss finish.
Our fittings are injection moulded in state of the art purpose built machinery
Essential Yet Discreet
You don’t have to stick to white with FlowPlumb. Our range of rainwater gutters are available in white, black, brown and grey, so you can choose a rainwater system that either compliments or contrasts with your roof. Whatever the look you want to achieve, Space And Style’s FlowPlumb rainwater gutter systems have a system for you.
– 125mm Regency
– 125mm Foundry Finish
– 125mm Deep
– 170mm StormFlow
– 200mm Industrial
Features And Benefits
FlowPlumb Rainwater Systems are more than just a simple gutter. Our systems are feature packed to make them work harder, longer and more efficiently.
– ‘Insert gutter to’ line and it will never pull apart
– Easy fixing with power or hand tools
– Simple ‘click – lock’ installation (no glue or solvent weld is needed)
– Through colour PVCu won’t show scratches
– Directional fins speed water into downpipe
– Ribbed for faster flow
– Thumb clips ‘click’ gutter into place
– Lubricated rubber seals for a leak-free connection
With over 60 years of expertise and experience, FlowPlumb Rainwater Gutters are lifetime solutions to rainwater collection and pitched roof drainage. The speed at which the gutter removes rainwater from the roof is called the “flow rate”. FlowPlumb gutters have built in features such as ribbed floors and diversion fins to help increase the flow rate.
FlowPlumb gutters are designed to meet the highest standards
Frequently Asked Questions
The rainfall here is very heavy. Are you sure your gutters are big enough?
There are three factors to consider here:
1) FlowPlumb gutters have design features to make them drain the roof more quickly. For example, the gutters have ribs running down them to increase flow and stop water splashing over, and the outlets have fins to direct the water into the down pipe.
2) The slowest flow rate of our gutter range in 4.7 litres per second, on the Regency gutter. That’s nearly two and a half 2 litre bottles of water EVERY SECOND. No where on earth does it rain that much!! The heaviest rainfall ever recorded was 31mm in one minute – that’s half a millimetre per second.
3) The size of the gutter is almost irrelevant – it’s the number of downpipes that determine the speed of drainage. The more downpipes you have, the quicker the gutters will drain and the less likely they will overflow. As a basic rule of thumb, the larger the roof area, the larger the gutter needs to be because the volume of water coming off the roof will be higher.
Do your gutters need gluing?
Not only do you not need glue, it shouldn’t be used! FlowPlumb gutters clip into place. It makes installation quick and easy, but it also means the gutter has some movement. Throughout the day, as the temperature rises and then cools, the gutter will expand and then contract. The FlowPlumb System allows this to happen. You’ll see in the fittings there is an “insert to here” line. This leaves a gap for the gutter to expand into. When Gutters are glued, they cannot move, so when they heat up and expand, the only thing they can do is buckle in the middle.
If they are made in Great Britain, does that make them very expensive?
Consider all the features of the FlowPlumb gutter and then compare to the average gutter that’s available. Also ask, what’s the price of not choosing FlowPlumb? Annual maintenance and replacement after just a few years? Our aim is to provide GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY – it’s cheaper in the long run to do it properly first time by choosing a quality product.
Will your gutter leak
– The markings on the fitting show the installer where to fit the gutter so that it won’t pull out of the fitting.
– The thumb clips hold the gutter in place
– The rubber seal provides a water-tight connection. When the gutter is clips in, it’s pushed down into the rubber
Do your gutters need painting?
Unlike metal gutters, Hunter Gutters never need painting. In fact they shouldn’t be painted. Not only do they not need painting and won’t fade, the colour goes all the way through the gutter wall so even if they get scratched during transport or installation, the scratch won’t show.
Will the colour fade?
Co-extrusion helps the colour from fading but the PVCu material also contains a UV protection.